Saturday, April 13, 2013

Self-Worth

I have been pondering self-worth alot lately.

I compare myself to others... ALOT
I compare my clothes, my hair, skin, teeth, body, finances, schooling, house, my spirituality,... You name it.  

I don't think I do it on purpose, or that I am even aware of it most of the time.

I mostly just say little things to myself like,
Oh I should have worn a different outfit to this function, so and so looks so adorable.  
Or wow, so and so has such nice skin, lucky. 
Or wow, how did so and so get so thin after just having a baby, Why can't I lose the weight.
Or, Why is so and so able to afford to go or do x,y,z and we can't.
Or, Wow, so and so is so well versed in the scriptures,whats my problem
Or, wow, so and so is so smart, Why did I just say that dumb thing.

But you know what!.... 
I am pretty,.. Maybe not in hollywood terms, but my hubby loves me just the way I am.
I don't have clear skin, but my crazy hormones are proof that I had a baby and I am a women and yeah, oh well, thats why there is makeup.
I may not have the finances to go buy all the dream clothes I want, but at least I have be approximately the same size since I was 18, so most of my clothes still fit me.
I may not be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but this weight shows the 8 months I was pregnant and the amazing little baby that I get the pleasure of caring for.
I may not remember all of what I learned in College, or I may not read as much as I should, But I did receive my Bachelors Degree and I get to snuggle and play with my little baby all day.
I may not be the most well versed or educated in church doctrine, But by golly do I have a testimony of My Savior and of His Gospel. I know with all my heart it is true and that I am beloved by Him!

I measure my self worth by those that I love and that love me. By my accomplishments and trials that I have overcome. And by those standards I am worth a whole lot!

1 comment: